The competition is sizzling!

First off, read my recap of The Hills. It’s my last one for the season because I am running out of ways to say that I fucking hates these people.

Secondly, anyone going to Word Camp? I’m going, if anything, to declare my love to Matt Mullenweg, one of the WordPress founders.

Ok, whatevs. Like you care. Here’s the real business: the competition is heating up.  Unforch, Alone In the Crowd is Out! Vote vote vote!

8 thoughts on “The competition is sizzling!

1. Rio says:

How did Dear Sister end up in two brackets?

On an unrelated note, I am currently winning 100% of my NBA playoff picks and 75% for the NHL playoffs.

2. Bart_Templeton says:

Oh, dash it, I knew it would come to TNJ v. DS. And I picked DS, after great internal struggle.

And here’s just one of 137 reasons why:

“But I want some wine,” Liz giggled. “Wine makes me feel sooooo good.” She snuggled against [Bruce].

“I’ve got enough wine right here to make you feel VERY good, sweet Liz.”

Aaaaaand, reason 2 of 137:

If she’s Jessica, she agonized, who am I??

3. Cyanne says:

Dear Sister is an SVH classic, period. Not surprised it’s held out. First SVH book I ever read, still my fave to this day. On the Edge is a very close second though.

“Elizabeth had somehow turned into her, Jessica! She was even out-Jessica-ing her. It couldn’t happen. It must not be allowed to happen. If she’s Jessica, she agonized, who am I??”

LOL, thanks for that, Bart! That is such an awesome quotation. Look at SVH trying to be existential.

These choices are getting more and more painful. I predict we’ll be forced to vote between Dear Sister and The Evil Twin, and I don’t know which way my loyalties lie.

5. bookslide says:

Uh…I feel like I shouldn’t vote until we know why Dear Sister’s in two rounds…but Playing with Fire needs voting on for sure!

Yea. Dear Sister is in 2 rounds because there was an odd number of pairings in the previous rounds…I don’t understand brackets. I’m not all smart like Liz.

7. Vanessa Saxton says:

I am still gunning for On the Edge. It was the first Sweet Valley book that actually made me cry. The second SV book that made me cry was #125 Camp Killer and that entire asanine story arc. However, that one made me cry for a totally different reason- it was a cross between BSC and something else horrific. Just about the worst.book.ever.written. IHW, I am waiting for a re-cap on that one.

8. Amy Slutton says:

I for one will say I voted for The New Jessica. It was one of the earliest books I read, and I remember just salivating over all the outfit descriptions. It’s a golden oldie for me!