A poll! And I’m not talking about the one up Elizabeth’s ass!

Thank you wordpress, for adding an easy poll feature! I’m testing it out to see what you all want out of this site. I’ve contemplated just sticking to the Sweet Valley World, to going even bigger. But obviously, this wouldn’t be happening if you all didn’t read, so I guess I should get your opinion first.

25 thoughts on “A poll! And I’m not talking about the one up Elizabeth’s ass!

1. Vanessa Saxton says:

Since this is The Dairi Burger I would like to see mainly SV only- add in some Twins, Unicorn Club, Senior Year, and University. An occassional BSC here and there wouldn’t hurt, but I live for the SV re-caps!

2. Aimee says:

I would love to see more Sleepover Friends and Pen Pals and Fabulous Five! I feel like no one else remembers those except at this blog…

I prefer mostly SV, though would love you to recap the other SV series, too. There are 600+ books, so that should last a while šŸ˜‰ I also like the BSC recaps, but a lot of the other series (Penpals, Sunset Island, etc.) I never read as a kid, so I can’t really laugh at those so easily!

4. Nathalie says:

I would love to see more Fab Five, no other site is doing them and I loved those books so very, very much.

Same with Canby Hall. I’d love to see more of those.

If you do decide to stick to SV-only, please expand to include the other series, especially University.

5. Chance0508 says:

I like having the other series pop up as sort of a palate cleanser between Sweet Valley recaps. Especially if you compare things to how they would have gone down in the SV, or what the twins would have done, etc. Love Canby Hall, own the whole series (both sets of roommates), let me know if you need anything.

Of course, I also own the whole Twilight…Where Darkness Begins series from the ’80s, and the whole Dark Forces series from the ’80s. I have to say that it would be totally awesome to see a review of The Game, which is also about a set of twins…one of whom ends up in a wheelchair and then gets possessed by a Ouija board spirit. *VEG*

6. Kathy says:

I know it wasn’t on the list but it would be hysterical to see some snarky VC Andrews recaps. It just doesn’t get any better then the Flowers in the Attic and Heaven series. They were even more campy and scandalous then SVH.

7. Kats says:

I’d like some Sweet Valley mixed with other teen books. In particular, I think some classic Sweet Dreams recaps would be great , and the spin-off series On Our Own (I remember it as being awesome…not sure if it actually was or not).

8. BartTempleton says:

I agree with Chance– love the “palate-cleansing.” That fresh sensation is just what I’m looking for…

But, seriously, all SVH all the time is like eating all your Halloween candy at once. We need to ration that mess.

It’s great to mix things up periodically so that when we return to, say, KIDNAPPED BY THE CULT from, say, the wholesome preteen realism of INVISIBLE LISSA, it’s a massive, magnificent cognitive dissonance (“Wha….kidnapped, Part 137? Is Carl the Orderly up in this joint AGAIN?” ) .

But, for those who want only SV, maybe a compromise would be a special “non-SV” highlight spot, say, twice a month.

9. BartTempleton says:

Oh, and Nancy Drew needs her own site. That titian-haired Tracy Flick-esque busybody would quickly dominate any blog she’s invited onto.

IHW: thanks for working so hard on this blog. We appreciate you.

thanks for all the feedback. I kind of agree that there are already tons of bsc sites, that’s why I’m not going to be actually rereading them, just commenting on mym memory of them.

I hear the need to do more SV series, but I kind of want to get through all of SVH first. A lofty goal, I know.

Oh don’t you worry, I will still be doing the Caitlin books, fer sher.

11. Sharon says:

I have to say, I really love your recaps – I could spend all evening reading these (and I sometimes do!)
    Takes me right back to reading them as a teenager – even though I am so close to 40 its scary

12. Tulio says:

(Hi, I’ve been reading for a while, but this is the first time I’ve comntmeed).Places to go in NYC:-Empire State Building-The Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island ferry-Central Park-Times Square– Vermeer and other painters/art.-Guggenheim Museum- Famous building, modern art.-NY Public LibraryReally the only good eats I can remember is this pizza place near/in Times Square could not tell you what the name of it was. It’s near the Church of Scientology, that part I remember.