Best YA Boy Toys, Part One

I’m getting ready to move, and my book collection is all packed, so I can’t read anything this week. So, I’ll combine my two favorite things: countdown lists and horndogging on male celebs.

Best YA Boy Toys, Part one:

10. Jeffrey French, Sweet Valley High; okay, so he makes it on this list from sheer comparison. He’s not as annoying as Todd, he and Liz fight about 2% less, and he actually has some valid interests (photography) and can be rational when Liz gets mad at him. I’m kind of ignoring the whole situation when he reinvented himself as DJ Jazzy Jeff.

Celeb who would play him:

MPG!

9. Pete Stone, Sleepover Friends; feeling kind of weird having a fifth grader on here, but it’s not like I said “hottest boys” or something like that. Pete was man enough to talk to girls like real people and be cool with talking to them. He did have a fling with Jenny Carlin, but then went back to liking Lauren again. No idea why, she’s got zero personality.

Celeb who would play him:

Cody Linley! Holy shit why do I know who this person is!

8. Trevor Sandbourne, Baby-Sitters Club. We don’t really know much about him, but with a name like that, how can you go wrong? He took Claudia to a couple of dances, but I think early on he prank-called her. Oh well.

Celeb who would play him:

One of the Jonas Brothers. I think he’s the oldest.

7. Ernie from Breaking Up With Ernie. This book is kind of obscure, but it’s about this girl who finds her boyfriend Ernie so annoying, she tries everything to break up with him, only to find when he breaks up with her, she wants him back. Supposed to be slapstick, came off more as the gal’s a beyotch and Ernie is just lovable.

Who would play him:

Seth Rogan (xoxoxoxo)

6. Damien from The Vampire Diaries, because he’s the bad guy and way more exciting than that boring Eurotrash Stefan. At least he did something about the gal he wanted, instead of mopey Stefan.

Who would play him:

Louis Garrel: ooh la la!

Stay tuned for the top 5!

26 thoughts on “Best YA Boy Toys, Part One

1. thumperviolet says:

Aaah, I love your site! You inspired me to write my own a month or so ago – combining SVH with Enid Blyton. What a combo.

Around a week ago I just did my own casting for SVH – I think I was too kind though. Keep it up I love it!

2. annakelly says:

Natalie, if it helps, I know that too and I’m just as ashamed. The Disney Channel is like crack to me – lame, boring crack.

❤ Seth Rogen! Throw that Ernie guy my way.

3. Jen S says:

I have no idea who 90% of these boys are. God, I’m old. Just throw me some Classic Edition Michael Hutchence and I am outta here.

“Classic Edition Michael Hutchence ”

MMMMMmmmmmm… 🙂

And I presume that William Zabka will be making an entrance in the top five, ihatewheat? 😉

Best wishes for a seamless, angst-free move, ihatewheat — hope everything goes smoothly! 🙂

5. Ellen Riteman says:

I love Jeffery French, he’s my 2nd fav SV boy. Next to Bruce Patman, natch. Oh and the fact that he’d be played by my Zacky makes me too happy

6. James says:

Jeffrey French #10? Come on he has to be top 5! In terms of boy toy material, He was always described at having a very muscular physique, and in terms of personality he did every single thing I always hear my female friends complaining about that they DON’T get from their own boyfriends!

can’t wait to see the rest though. good show.

and when you’re done, get crackin’ on a hottest babes list! I need eye candy, too!

omg luuurrrve the Dreamers. I’d hole up with all of you then try to kill us with gas from the stove when our parents came home to find us.

I’m kind of over Michael Pitt but Luis…dayum.